One of the most important events in the ACCF calendar is our Annual Dinner. This year the dinner was held on 24 September 2016 at Marigold Restaurant.
The Foundation was very honoured to have the presence of a number of dignitaries including:
- Mr John Alexander OAM MP representing the Hon Malcolm Turnbull MP, Prime Minister of Australia
- The Hon Matt Thistlethwaite MP representing the Hon Bill Shorten MP, leader of the Opposition in the Parliament of Australia
- Deputy Consul General Mr Tong Xuejun representing Consul General Mr Gu Xiaojie, Consulate General of People’s Republic of China, Sydney
- Mr Mark Coure MP, Member for Oatley, Deputy Government Whip representing the Hon Mike Baird, Premier of NSW & Mrs Adla Coure
- Ms Jodi McKay MP, Member for Strathfeld, Shadow Minister for Transport, Shadow Minister for Roads, Maritime and Freight representing Mr Luke Foley MP, Leader of Opposition in NSW • The Hon Ernest Wong MLC, Temporary Chair of Committees
- Consul Sun YanTao, Consulate General of People’s Republic of China, Sydney • The Hon Philip Ruddock & Mrs Heather Ruddock
- Ms Sophie Cotsis, Shadow Minister for Multiculturalism and Candidate of the Canterbury By-Election
- Cr Robert Kok, City of Sydney
- Cr Craig Chung, City of Sydney &
- Cr Adrian Wong, Fairfeld City Council
It was also a happy occasion to see our patrons, trustees, members, our supporters and many community leaders that evening. An induction ceremony was conducted by our Chairman Dr Michael Tse JP to welcome one new patron and seven new trustees to join ACCF – Dr Anthony Kai Hon Yeung JP who was previously our trustee had decided to show his keen support to the Foundation by becoming our patron, Ms Lynne Cattell, Mrs Cheng Ching Ching, Mr Edward Lin, Ms Maggie Lo, Ms Annie Siu Wing Tang JP, Ms Linda Chi Ying JP & Ms Vivienne Yik Ting Yim were new trustees. This would have injected $110,000 into our capital fund.
The presentation of cheques to twenty-one successful community project funding applicants was an important agenda for the evening. I take this opportunity to thank Dr Peter Wong AM and his funds & grants assessment team for their hard work.
Fundraising activities were also an important part of the evening’s programme. On behalf of ACCF, I am very grateful for the generosity of those who donated raffe prizes and auction items. In recent years income from our capital fund account had been hugely affected by low interest rates and ultimately our ability to distribute and support worthwhile community projects and/or to help those that require emergency assistance. Hence, funds raised at the dinner event were used to replenish this loss of income. Total funds raised at the event were in excess of $30,000.
My heartfelt thanks for the support from our distinguished guests, media representatives, our dear friends, Corporate Sponsors and Event Sponsors. The performance of our trustee Mr Victor Yeung JP and the talented Ms Jessica Ng were well received by all guests at the dinner. This dinner event was a demonstration of good teamwork and dedication of all management committee members, event committee members and volunteers. Thank You and God bless you all.
Click here for photo album