The Dinner was held on 21 February 2015 at Marigold Restaurant. A total of 370 participants from over 25 Chinese community organisations attended the function. We were honoured to have many distinguished guests at the evening including:
• The Hon. Tony Abbott, Prime Minister of Australia and Mrs. Abbott;
• Senator Sam Dastyari, representing Federal Leader of Opposition, the Hon. Bill Shorten MP;
• His Excellency Consul General Li Huaxin, Consulate General of the People’s Republic of China in Sydney and Mrs Li;
• The Hon. Gladys Berejiklian MP, Minister for Transport & Minister for the Hunter representing Premier of NSW, the Hon. Mike Baird MP;
• The Hon. Ernest Wong MLC, representing the NSW Leader of the Opposition, the Hon. Luke Foley MLC.
Other distinguished guests present were:
• The Hon. Philip Ruddock MP and Mrs Ruddock;
• The Hon. Victor Dominello MP, Minister for Citizenship and Communities, Minister for Aboriginal Affairs;
• Mr. Arthur Au , Director of the Hong Kong Economic & Trade Office, Sydney and;
• Other members of Parliament, Councilors, ACCF’s patrons, trustees and many Chinese community leaders.
The beneficiary organisation for the evening was the Deb Bailey Foundation Inc. which was set up to raise money for medical research aiming at finding a cure for Motor Neurone Disease, a deadly debilitating and presently incurable disease that affects the nervous system. A total of 5 items were on auction – one bottle of Penfolds Grange from Dr. Peter Wong, one bottle of Penfolds Grange from Mr. Samuel Chu, a beautiful jewellery item from Mr. Peter Ching of Royal Jewellery, an OSIM uDivine App Massage Chair from OSIM Australia and a Chinese Artefact from the Consulate General of the People’s Republic of China in Sydney. Supported by the generosity of the guests present at the Dinner, a sum of $30,000 was donated to the Deb Bailey Foundation.
We like to thank all our Corporate Sponsors – InvoCare, NAB and PwC, the Major Event sponsor OSIM Australia, Event sponsors – Handpicked Wine and Royal Jewellery, Platinum sponsor – Kellogg’s, our Patrons, Trustees, members of ACCF and most of all, the guests at the evening for your generosity and support. We cannot finish without acknowledging the Xuanlu Children’s Choir for their great performance from a very special and beautiful group of children. Last by not the least, we thank every member of the organising committee and the volunteers from YACCF for the dedication and professionalism in the preparation and running of the evening’s event.Click here for photo album